Recently, Jansen has taken key roles in the following PharmaVentures M&A mandates:
- Sale of Novartis’ UK R&D facility to West Sussex County Council in 2016
- Sale of Transgene’s biologics manufacturing business to ABL Inc in 2016
- Sale of Merck's manufacturing business in Puerto Rico to AIAC in 2015
- Sale of Merck's biologics business in Boulder to KBI Biopharma in 2014
- Sale of Sanofi's manufacturing operations in Slovakia to Wood Pharma Holding in 2013
- Sale of Merck’s Newhouse R&D facility (UK) to Biocity in 2012
- Sale of UCB's three European manufacturing facilities to Aesica in 2011
- Sale of Sanofi's two European R&D operations to Covance 2010
Jansen is a healthcare transactions professional with nearly 20 years in the life science sector with expertise in M&A, licensing, business strategy, commercial due-diligence and deal structuring. At PharmaVentures, Jansen has played a key role in the divestment of manufacturing and R&D businesses on behalf of top 10 large pharmaceutical companies, resulting in multi-million dollar deals. Over the years he has also worked on a diverse range of assignments including licensing, valuation and strategy projects.
Fluent in Malayalam and Hindi, Jansen holds a chemistry degree from Gandhiji University, a PhD in Biochemistry from the University of Sussex and an MBA from Oxford Brookes University.